Thursday 28 May 2009

Sleep? I remember sleep.

We did get some sleep, but not alot. 2am, with Matthew perched on my shoulder murmuring quietly in my ear was just magical.

Chris finally managed to shed the tubes and amazed me by easing herself gently out of bed and walking gingerly around the room. Yesterday she couldn't ease herself up the bed, her pain was so great. It may be a cliche, but women are definitely made of much sterner stuff than men. She was also feeling a lot more positive and we got the news that she was to move to the postnatal ward. We piled up her bed with luggage and twins and whisked her round, drawing many admiring comments from passers by.


Observations were now less obtrusive and we settled down to the business of focusing on our two twins together and sharing the load a little more evenly. Again, I was allowed to stay the night, this time in a sleeping bag on the floor, but I only spent a couple of hours inside it. The twins were getting more active at night, frequently wide-awake, but what did we care? It gave us a good taste of the days to follow. As for when we will be allowed to leave, nobody is able to tell us. The twins appear to be doing well, though Matthew is moderately jaundiced, but as Chris has not been discharged yet, it could be a day or two.

Oh yes, to mark her new mobility, Chris put on a new top and Sophie promptly shat all over it during a nappy change. I love my daughter!



No comments:

Post a Comment