Monday 22 June 2009

Last day of freedom

Beer o'clock chimed several times today, as I drowned my sorrows at the thought of returning to work tomorrow. Not that I don't like my job - I really do. But the past 4 weeks have, obviously, been utterly unlike any others and I have enjoyed the highs (and even the early lows) so much. But we need some dough to keep our bubbas in nappies and milk, so there's no escaping it.

Busy day today, which helped. My auntie Josie and uncle Alastair dropped in midday for a chat and to cradle the twins. When they left, Chris' cousin Filomena and her daughter Alex took over. Matthew picked up a little sunburn to one cheek, which added to his rosy glow.


I popped into Argos to buy a duvet to replace the one Wolfie peed one. Bless him.

Finally, Chris' Mum turned up in the evening, or, more accurately, moved in in the evening to help Chris out over the next few days.

Now... I wonder if I'll be able to concentrate on my work or whether I'll spend the day dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment