Saturday 27 June 2009

Male pattern baldness strikes Sophie!



She’s gone bald. Well, not entirely, but the hair from the top and sides of her head vanished overnight. Very weird. I was sure Chris or her Mum had shaved her for a joke.

It brings to mind a rather strange vision I had when I first set eyes on Sophie in the operating theatre. An image of my Dad’s old friend Roger flashed before my eyes – heaven knows why. Pretty much the only thing they have in common, visually, is a bald head. Except Sophie’s head wasn’t really bald then, but now it is, she does have much the same hairstyle that Roger sported. Here's an ancient photo of Roger with my brother. Now tell me you can't see what I'm talking about...



Two big things today. The 23rd June was the twins actual due date, had they gone fully to term, so technically they are 0 days old today! This is reflected in their growth charts, which are backdated 4 weeks from today. We celebrated this virtual birthday by doing absolutely nothing.
And, of course, it was my first day back at work. Could have been worse, but I really couldn’t focus and the separation from the bubbas was not easy. I got back home as soon as I could to top up on grizzles, milk stains on my shirt and to check up on their nappy activities. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment